Wednesday, June 27, 2012

More personal-ish kinda blog.

I know you guys have missed the blog dearly the last few days, so... Im baaaack!

We've been sooo busy here.  There's a team building a wall over at a small church in town, another team building a small living quarters for the pastor's son and his family at Alfa y Omega, and I'm tiling the Tribe of Isreal church! That's a lot of irons in the fire, yeah?

I've been so encased in my tiling that I hadn't taken much time to get to know the group from Lakeland that we're hosting this week.  That's not the kind of southern hospitality momma taught me!  So, today I only worked on the floor til noon, took a quick shower, ate, and headed to Leon with the group.

 Not TOO sure what Leon is in relation to capital cities and I don't want to google it right now... but it's kind of a big deal.  There's market places there we browsed around and I talked with some of the younger people in the group on the drive there and back.  All in all today was a good day!

OH! For those of you that knew about my leg wound that happened last month sometime...

It turned into some kind of blister type thing! Crazy right? Well one of the people who came over is a doctor and he looked at it and said to not worry unless it gets infected. Well, then it popped. YUCK. So gross. Beyond nasty.  It's now been leaking, closing up, leaking, etc. for 3 days. All of my sisters at the Lopez house have taken an interest in seeing if itll ever heal. If they don't love me for just being Todd, at least they thing my scars are cool!

The Lopez family saw my tattoos, too.  I knew this day would come, and I was prepared for it.  I proudly displayed my ink and took their critisism in stride.  I tried to explain the different cultures views on tattoos and how I view it as an art.  It's like an expression of my inward self on an outward medium. Both of my tattoos are faith based. They didn't shun me so... I guess I'm still in their good graces. :D

I realize I'm terrible at organizing story lines. Sorry. :P   Warning: the next part is icky.

The lady of the house, my Nica momma, wanted my dirty clothes to wash. She washed them last year no problem... buttttt this year is different.  I'm POURING sweat alllll day. I can literally wring my shirt, shorts, and socks out at any time. I'm not trying to be gross, just honest. 

The thought of this sweet lady who cooks, cleans, and sews all day having to wash my icky laundry BY HAND... I couldn't let that happen! But out of the kindness of her heart she let my clothes soak in soapy water allll night and hand washed them all today.  I wish I knew enough spanish or had enough money to let her know how much I appreciate her doing that!

I guess that's enough rambling for tonight.  All in all, we're doing great. Only a few people have gotten sick and that was only for one night. God's moving through our hard work and I'm excited to be a part of it. 

 Thank you all for reading and supporting!!!

Your momma,

Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment