Saturday, June 30, 2012

Blah blah blah....

Wooooord? WHAAATTT UPPPPP?! WADDUP WADDUP WADDUP?!??! I'm allliiiivvveeeee!!!! It's been a few days but, here I am! Tired and sore... but I'm here :D

I've laid ALL the floor in the church. Whew.  I'm pooped.  Theres still the face of the stage to do and there's an entryway they want tiled but we ran out of time.  I laid ~2,000 sq ft in a week with minimal help. I think I did pretty well! Feel free to pat me on the back:P

Grouting in Nica is as much of an art as it is a pain in the butt.  I got half of their stage grouted and it took FOREVER. Just nuts. It's like the grout is on steroids and has to harden as soon as you put it on the tile. Actually, all of the concrete here is that way. The tiles I laid were no joke dried in 30 seconds. That coupled with a floor that has 3 inch humps and dips in it and you've got a tile guys worst nightmare.   The pastor is very appreciative and I am SO glad I had this opportunity. It's really something special to be able to take a church from bare concrete to glossy white tile. Quite the transformation, indeed.

On a more spiratual note...

We had a full blown worship service outside the Lopez house last night!  Some of the guys from the Lakeland group just started jamming and it turned into us all passing around the guitar and singing for a while.  We ended with Amazing Grace and a big prayer circle. It was an awesome experience to just have worship in the streets of Nagarote! 

The Lakeland group flew out this morning and we carted a new group in. Well, Steve and Angela carted them in... I was laying floor. They did a VBS in Managua and things as such that I'll never know about because I was laying floor. I'm not bitter about laying the floor. At all. I'm just saying.

ANYWHATZIT! I'm living at the hotel this week so my roomie can split the cost and not have a hefty bill at the end of the week.  It was heart breaking to leave the Lopez family because they ARE my family here. They told me their doors are always open for me to come stay. I'm so glad that God put them in our path and I'm sure they're getting their blessing for their courtesy and generousity to our groups and especially toward me.  They are all angels in my opinion :)


Welllllp. That's all I have for tonight.  Hope all is well back in the states!

Squirge,

Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment